Generation 2 is the second in a series of quest-lines that tell a variety of stories. You must complete or skip Generation 1 to start Generation 2.
- 1Knight of Light
- 2Paladin Training Courses
- 3About Paladin and Dark Knight
- 4Food for the Soul for True Good Deeds
- 5Good Deeds
- 6Lend a Hand to the Struggling Soldier
- 7Coill Dungeon
- 8Finding the Ideal Types
- 9Mythril Mine [Humans Only]
- 10Power of the Ancient Elves/Giants [Elves/Giants Only]
- 11RP Quest - Ciar Dungeon
- 12The Secret Letter Box
- 13The Small Locked Box
- 14Suspicious-looking Potion
- 15Translating the Book of Fomors
- 16Investigate the Golem of Ceo Island
- 17Paladin Transformation
Knight of Light
- Requirement: Complete Generation 1
- Description: Become a Paladin-in-training from Craig
- Log out and log in or change a channel to get the message from Goddess Morrighan asking you to become the Knight of Light. (Until you do, you will always enter an empty throne room.)
- Talk to Aodhan or Craig in Emain Macha using the keyword "The Knight of Light" and obtain the keyword "Paladin".
- Talk to Craig, located at the Paladin Training Grounds northwest of Emain Macha, with the "Paladin" keyword.
- Talk to Rian in the Castle with the keyword "Paladin". Esras will then ask you to donate 4,000 Gold. Click [Donate]. You will receive a (2x2-sized) item The Lord's Invitation.
Paladin Training Courses
- Description: Complete all of the Paladin Training courses in Barri and Math.
- Note: All dungeons are to be done solo.
- Talk to Craig with The Lord's Invitation in your inventory and he will tell you that you need training.
- Ask him about "Classes and Training" sometime between 9am~6pm. The class costs 300 gold. You will receive "The Paladin Class - 1st Exercise" quest, a Barri Dungeon Pass for Paladin-in-Training, and a Red Wing of the Goddess which can transport you to Barri Dungeon.
- Drop the Barri Dungeon Pass for Paladin-in-Training on Barri dungeon altar and complete the dungeon. It is a solo pass.
- It is still 3 Floors, similar spawn. Boss is Kobold Miners, the amount
can vary. After defeating the kobold miners, you will see a cutscene.
- Kobold Miners are extremely weak, and they only have 100 HP. You might probably nail them with a first hit Smash, a full charged Firebolt, or Magnum Shot .
- Complete the quest.
- You will have to return to Craig to talk about "Classes and Training" sometime around 9am and complete a total of 5 training missions in Barri dungeon, then 1 training mission in Math Dungeon.
- You will be given a new Red Wing of the Goddess with each new mission.
- You can obtain a replacement pass from Craig if you fail the dungeon but will not receive a new Red Wing of the Goddess.
- The one in Math dungeon is about 1/4th the length of the actual Math. Still has normal spawn, but thrown in some Mini Skeletons (rare spawn).
- Boss is Triona and Ruairi, in a locked normal room. You will see a
cutscene once you reach it.
- You will be allied with 4 Paladins In-Training during the fight.
- Beware that their Splash Damage can hit you.
- Triona has about 100-150 HP and cannot attack you. Defeat her or let the allied Paladins defeat her, to initiate the next cutscene.
- Ruairi on the other hand, is like a Elf/Giant Guard with 100% Protection and extremely high HP, but only 2,000 CP compared to Guards' 1 million. All your attacks do 1 damage, but his attacks do 200~300. Have him defeat all the Paladins In-Training to end the dungeon.
About Paladin and Dark Knight
- Description: Clear Fiodh Dungeon.
- Note: Fiodh Dungeon must be done solo. Price moves all over Uladh.
- Upon clearing Math dungeon, log out and in or change channels to see the first message from the goddess.
- Obtain the keyword "Lugh, the Knight of Light".
- Talk to Gordon at Emain's Restaurant using the new keyword. Obtain the
- Optional: Talk to Nele with the Keyword "Redire" to learn that you have to talk to Price.
- Talk to Price using the new Keyword and obtain an Old Cloth with Design
and a Red Wing of the Goddess to Fiodh Dungeon lobby. A short cutscene
- Price appears all over Uladh, and is rather difficult to find him.
- Enter Fiodh dungeon by dropping the Old Cloth.
- The dungeon will normally end after 10 rooms, usually this is a room with two Gorgons, however they are not always present.
- A cutscene occurs after reaching the end of the dungeon. You will be moved automatically to the dungeon entrance and obtain the keyword "Ghost of Lugh".
- Talk to Price again using the keyword "Ghost of Lugh". Obtain the keyword "Redire's Demise".
- Talk to Craig using the new keyword. Obtain the keyword "Paladin and Dark Knight".
- Talk to Price again using the new keyword and you will obtain a memo and a new quest.
Food for the Soul for True Good Deeds
- Description: Do good deeds for the people of Emain Macha
- Note: You must have the Healing and First-Aid skill to do the quest from Agnes.
- Talk to Aeira at Dunbarton's Bookstore, then open the quest log and
click "Complete." You will receive a book called "Food for the soul
for true good deeds". Read the book and obtain the keyword "Good Deeds".
You may return the book to Aeira after obtaining the keyword.
- It is recommended to return the book, as it takes up inventory space. There is no other way to get rid of it.
- Talk to the Beggar in the north part of Emain Macha's Square. He will ask for money. Divide the gold in your inventory and gift him 1 gold by dragging and dropping it onto him. A conversation will start and he will ask for 1,000 more gold; choose the option to give it to him. He will modify your "Good Deeds" keyword.
- Talk to Agnes, Emain Macha's Healer, using the keyword "Good Deeds."
You will receive a new quest. The tasks requires you to help other
players by first using First Aid, Healing, and then resurrecting players
and/or their/your pets.
- Even if someone or you is not needed to be healed, it will still count as healing/first aid.
- You can use a Phoenix Feather on a pet and cancel it before it completes and the revival will count.
- Using a single Party Phoenix Feather will count for all the resurrections.
- You can also use a single Advanced Phoenix Feather 5 times using random names or names of people who are not dead. The feather will not vanish, but it will count as a resurrection.
- Using a Party Phoenix Feather 5 times while you are not in a party will count for one resurrection, and you will keep the feather in your inventory.
- If you have a partner who has several pets, you may Duel them and defeat their pets, end the battle, then ressurect them.
- Once you have finished, return to Agnes, and then open the quest log and click "Complete". You will receive a new definition to your "Good Deeds" keyword.
- Description: Continue doing good deeds for the people of Emain Macha.
- Talk to Delen in the Square with the "Good Deeds" keyword, and then speak to Galvin about the same. Delen will have an owl deliver a quest to you.
- Talk to Galvin and bring the Teddy Bear (2x2) to Delen. Then open the quest log and click "Complete." The "Good Deeds" keyword will be modified again.
- Talk to Del, Delen's twin sister, with the keyword in town square and complete the quest. The "Good Deeds" keyword will be modified again.
- Talk to Osla at the weapons shop, and then talk to Jocelin in the Bank.
- Talk to Del again, she will ask you to deliver a Bouquet (2x2) to Osla.
- If you somehow lose the Bouquet, you may use the one from Del's Part-time Job, however you will end up failing the Part-time Job. Or you can simply get a bouquet from any NPC who sells it.
- Talk to Osla again and then complete the quest. The "Good Deeds" keyword will be modified again.
Lend a Hand to the Struggling Soldier
- Description: Continue doing good deeds for the people of Emain Macha.
- Talk to Wyllow in Emain Macha's Cathedral using the "Good Deeds" keyword. It will be modified once more.
- Talk to Aodhan using the "Good Deeds" keyword. He will give you a quest to seek out Aranwen in Dunbarton.
- After talking to Aranwen, you are directed back to Aodhan, so head back to Emain Macha to talk to him again.
- Once again, you will be sent back to Dunbarton to talk to Aranwen a final time.
- Return to Emain Macha and talk to Aodhan again to complete the quest. The keyword will be in its complete form.
- Description: View a scene in Coill Dungeon and meet with Aer the Water Spirit
- Note: Reach Aer through Ceo Island's moon gate
- Talk to Price using the keyword "Good Deeds." You will receive a Broken Bolt and a Red Wing of the Goddess which will transport you to Coill dungeon.
- Drop the Broken Bolt on Coill Dungeon altar and enter "Redire's Demise." (No fighting required.) You will then see a cutscene.
- Talk to Price again using the new keyword "Paladin Requirements." Exit the client and re-login or change channels to see the second message from the goddess.
- Go speak to Tarlach using the newly acquired keyword "Spirits" and obtain "Aer, the Spirit of Water" keyword.
- Talk to Aer on Ceo Island.
- The only way to reach Ceo Island is through Moon Gates.
- Aer is located in a subterranean area; after crossing the narrow pathway to the northeast, there is a staircase. Follow it and the preceding corridor to reach Aer.
Finding the Ideal Types
- Description: Find the ideal look for 3 NPCs in each town
- Note: Check Ideal Types for more information.
- Talk to Aer using new keyword from Tarlach. She will give you the "Ideal Look" keyword, and asks you to ask people what their Ideal Types are.
- An owl will deliver a Find the Ideal Types quest to get 3 notes on ideal types from Tir Chonaill. Ask NPCs about their Ideal Look, then you will have a chance to enter the name of a player nearby who matches it (a couple, like Trefor and Malcolm, only have eyes for one NPC, and want that name only). If that person meets their requirements, they will give you a note on ideal types in their town. Collect 3 notes from Tir Chonaill and complete the quest.
- An owl will bring a similar quest for Dunbarton. Then Bangor, and,
lastly, Emain Macha. You can collect notes from towns in any order;
you will just receive the quests to turn in the notes in this sequence.
- You may gather the notes up in any order. However, you will not get the next quest until the current quest has been completed; that is, you must complete the Tir Chonaill quest before you will receive the Dunbarton one, and so on.
- After the quests for each of the four towns are done, you will receive
one more Find the Ideal Types quest. This is where you will need to return
to Ceo Island to talk to Aer.
- Talk to Aer.
- Talk to Nele.
- Talk to Aer.
- Talk to Nele.
- Deliver Nele's Score Scroll to Aer. You will receive the Mythril Mine keyword.
- Complete the quest to receive Aer's Letter.
Mythril Mine [Humans Only]
- Description: Gather Mythril Ore from Barri Dungeon to craft Paladin Armor
- Note: Solo dungeon. 1 hour time limit.
- Talk to Gilmore in Bangor with the keyword "Mythril Mine".
He will take the letter and give you a Mythril Mine Pass
for Barri Dungeon to mine Mythril Ore.
- After using the first pass, you can speak to him with the keyword to get another, however subsequent passes will cost you two times as much as the last one (Ex. 200g, 400g, 800g, 1600g, etc.) up to a maximum of 6,400G.
- You may only be in Mythril Dungeon for an hour before being forcibly taken out. A notice will appear on the screen reminding you of how many minutes are left every 3 minutes. Pace yourself with that in mind.
- All in all, you will need 27 Mythril Ores and 2 Goibne's Blacksmith Manual
for Mythril Armor. Mythril Ores are tradeable, but blueprints are not.
The ores are obtained from mining ores in the Mythril Dungeon. A single
manual is given in the reward chest for defeating the dungeon's boss.
Thus, at a minimum, you will have to do the dungeon twice to get the
- There are many ways to do this quest. One effective way is to defeat the boss and get a manual, but then stay in the dungeon and go back a few rooms to mine during the remaining time. By bringing a blessed Pickaxe and storing the Mythril Ore in Pets, it is possible to mine over the 27 required ores within the final floor. If you decide to mine first, you may not have enough time to finish the dungeon and get the blueprint, which is more difficult to obtain. If you have a friend who has completed the Mine, you can ask him/her to get the Ores for you.
- The boss is a single Ogre Warrior and two Imps. Note that the Ogre Warrior is different from the ones in Barri Normal.
- Remember that you need a Pickaxe to mine. 10 ores can stack together. One stack is 2x2 in size. Goibne's Blacksmith Manual is 2x2 in size. Be sure that you have enough inventory space before you even enter the mine.
- Talk to Edern. He will first ask you to give him 5 Mythril Ores. Upon delivery of these ores, he will then ask for a Goibne's Blacksmith Manual. Deliver it and complete the quest. Wait for the next quest (~2 in-game hours).
- Deliver 5 more ores to Edern. Complete the quest. Wait for the next quest (~2 in-game hours).
- Deliver 10 more ores to Edern. He will ask for another Goibne's Blacksmith Manual. Deliver it and complete the quest. Wait for the next quest (~2 in-game hours).
- Deliver the final 7 ores to Edern. Complete the quest to receive Paladin's Armor and the keyword Mythril Armor.
Power of the Ancient Elves/Giants [Elves/Giants Only]
- Description: Speak with Granat (Elves) or Karpfen (Giants)
- Talk to the NPC corresponding to the player's race (see below).
- If playing as an Elf, talk to Granat located at Taillteann Elf HQ
- If playing as a Giant, talk to Karpfen located at Taillteann Giant HQ
- The NPC will take Aer's Letter and give the player a Glowing Stone Gargoyle Statue.
- Talk to Aer and she will take the Glowing Stone Gargoyle Statue. You will receive a Mythril Armor with the Spirit's Blessing, a Red Wing of the Goddess that transports to Ciar Dungeon, and the Power of the Spirits' Blessings Keyword.
RP Quest - Ciar Dungeon
- Requirement: 1-person RP dungeon.
- Description: Clear Paladin Spirits RP Ciar Dungeon
- (Humans) Talk to Aer with the keyword "Mythril Armor." She will give you "Mythril Armor with the Spirit's Blessing" (2×2) and Red Wings of the Goddess which can transport you to Ciar Dungeon.
- Drop the armor on the Ciar Dungeon Altar. You will begin in RP Dungeon
"Paladin Spirits" as a Spirit White Wolf (humans), Spirit Brown Hawk (elves),
or a Spirit White Snowfield Bear (giants).
- WARNING: If you drop the armor when it is not legal for you to enter (In a party; unless you are the only person in it, pet summoned, etc.), or leave the dungeon before completing it, you will lose the armor and have to go back to Ceo
- The dungeon is 2 floors, each floor containing 10 rooms and has Gray Town Rats, Gray Wolves, Gray Dire Wolves, Black Wolves, White Wolves, Red Bears, Jackals, Brown Bears and Brown Grizzly Bears.
- You will have thirty HP 30 potions.
- The boss is a Giant White Wolf (humans), Giant Brown Hawk (elves), or
Giant White Snowfield Bear (giants).
- When it starts talking (ie- "I am powerful.", "You'll need to break my concentration. It may be in a blink of an eye, but that's your only chance."), it will activate Level 3 Heavy Stander; all attacks will only do one damage. To break its concentration, you must successfully use Counterattack against it. Afterward will then say something (ie- ."..My power is distracted...") and stay still for a while, vulnerable to your attacks. Repeat until it is defeated.
- After you defeat the boss, you will be teleported back to Ciar lobby and will receive the keyword "Spirit of Order."
The Secret Letter Box
- Talk to Price with the keyword "Spirit of Order". Wait about 21 hours Erinn time (31.5 min real time) to receive the quest.
- Talk to Price again to receive the Letter Box from Redire.
- Talk to Lassar in Tir Chonaill and obtain Esras' Letters.
- Talk to Price again and click "Complete" on quest log. Wait about 4 to 5 Erinn hours (6 to 8 min real time) to receive the next quest and a Locked Small Box.
The Small Locked Box
- Talk to Riocard in Bangor to open the box. Obtain the Status Report: Laoch's Activity.
- Talk to Price again and click "Complete" on quest log. Wait about 4 to 5 Erinn hours (6 to 8 min real time) to receive the next quest.
- Talk to Price and obtain the Marionette's Potion.
- Talk to Dilys at the Healer's House in Tir Chonaill.
- Talk to Price again and click "Complete" on the quest log. Wait about 4 to 5 Erinn hours (6 to 8 min real time) to receive the next quest and the Fomor Book Given By Redire.
Translating the Book of Fomors
- Go to Kristell and she will start translating the book. Click "Complete" on the quest log. Wait about 1 to 2 Erinn hours (2 or 3 min real time) for Kristell to complete translating the book.
- Talk to Kristell again after receiving the quest. Obtain the (2×2-sized) book, "Tabhartas: the Guardian of Ancient Wisdom".
- Talk to Price and click "Complete" on the quest log. Wait about 1 to 2 Erinn hours (2 or 3 min real time) to receive the next quest.
Investigate the Golem of Ceo Island
- Talk to Seumas, the miner at the Dragon Statue at Gairech Hill.
- Talk to Price.
- Talk to James at Emain Macha's Church and obtain Priest James' Historical Records.
- Talk to Price again and click "Complete" on the quest log. Wait about 2 Erinn hours (3 min real time) to receive the last quest.
- Description: Complete Barri Dungeon and stop Esras.
- Note: This dungeon is solo only.
- Talk to Craig and obtain the keyword Esras' Goal.
- Complete the quest and enter the Emain Macha throne room. A cutscene will play and you will obtain the "Barri Dungeon Pass". You will be instantly transported to Barri Dungeon's altar.
- Drop the Barri Dungeon Pass onto Barri Dungeon Altar.
- If you need another pass, go back to the Throne room. You will redo the scene and have another pass.
- Clear the dungeon, and you will meet Esras and
Tabhartas in the boss room battling against Redire.
- The dungeon consists of 4 floors.
- (Monsters=Great Mimic, King Mimic, Sickle Laghodessa, Brown, Gray, and Green Gremlins, Flying Sword. Miniboss: Gorgon [Spawns on the Second Floor, Last Room])
- Humans will get the Spirit of Order skill at Rank F during
second cutscene in the boss room, Elves will get Fury of Connous,
and Giants will get Daemon of Physis. Your HP, MP, Stamina,
Defense, and Protection will increase.
- If you fail to defeat Tabhartas/Esras and then give up the battle and leave the dungeon, then you cannot use the skill nor rank it up.
- Note that you do not get any other skills from the transformation.
- Because of this, the transformation title will cover up any other title you are using, and remove any other stat added the Title gave you. Disable "Spirit of Order" if you want to use your previous title.
- This transformation lasts as long as it normally would, and can only be used once daily.
- Humans will receive Power of Order, Eye of Order, and Sword of Order skills after defeating Esras. Also, the Spirit of Order will be fully understood and you can use it at any place. However, you will not receive Paladin Heavy Stander, Paladin Natural Shield, Paladin Mana Deflector until after a sidequest is completed.
- Certain Paladin pets will transform in tandem with its master.
- Elves will receive Elven Magic Missile, Armor of Connous, Mind of Connous, Sharpness of Connous, Connous Heavy Stander, Connous Mana Deflector and Connous Natural Shield.
- Giants will receive Giant Full Swing, Shield of Physis, Spell of Physis, Life of Physis, Physis Heavy Stander, Physis Mana Deflector and Physis Natural Shield.
- All skills are at Rank F.
- The boss procedure follows:
- First, wait until Tabhartas annihilates Redire. You cannot do any lethal damage to Tabhartas at this time, so do not try.
- After Redire is defeated, you will transform; destroy Tabhartas.
- Tabhartas is significantly weakened after the Spirit of Order transformation.
- Tabhartas is a Golem with wide Stomp range and moves slightly faster than an average Golem.
- Tabhartas has 100% Injury Rate.
- Unlike an average Golem, Tabhartas has Level 1 Heavy Stander (although it has a fixed activation rate of 10%).
- Unlike an average Golem, Tabhartas lacks Mana Deflector and Natural Shield. Therefore, it can easily be picked off with Magic/Ranged-based attacks.
- Once Tabhartas has turned into rubble, slay Esras.
- Esras is a Human Necromancer who is capable of summoning numerous Dark Skeletons and attacks with Icebolt, Firebolt and Lightning Bolt. She is also armed with Level 1 Heavy Stander, Mana Deflector, and Natural Shield.
- Her Dark Skeletons can be a nuisance; they have far aggro range
(approximately 1/4th the entire boss room), know Windmill and are
armed with one-hit combo Machetes which deal high damage. Fortunately,
they have very little HP and can easily be defeated in one hit with
an intermediate-ranked Smash.
- Esras will constantly replace any defeated Dark Skeletons. It is advised to lure Esras away from her minions without killing any one of them.
- Esras's normal attacks deal little damage in comparison to her magic.
- Esras's AI is similar to that of a Succubus; she rarely attacks.
- When Esras is done for good, the Generation ends with you as a "True" Paladin, but a new generation begins.
The story continues in Generation 3.